Situated in the centre of the Greater and Lesser Antilles, Saint Martin/Sint Maarten enjoys a subtropical climate, tempered by constant trade winds. The most pleasant period is from November until June. The months of July to October also offer agreeable weather conditions. Water temperature fluctuates between 26° and 30° year round!
French and Dutch are the 2 official island languages, English is the first language for St Martiner’s ; Creole ,Spanish and Papiamento are also widely used by more than a 100 different nationalities who share the Friendly Island
FORMALITIES / CURRENCY
A valid passport and a return ticket are required, No vaccinations are necessary
The official currencies are Euros for the French side, and NAF for the Dutch side, Euros and $US dollars are accepted throughout the island as, are most major credit cards.
A FEW RECOMMENDATIONS TO ENJOY THE MOST OF ST MARTIN
- A day at Pinel
- A day at the Lottery Farm : Zip lining, Pool, Bar and restaurant
- A full day drip by motor or sail catamaran. Several options are available Island Tour, marine reserve or the neighboring islands of St baths, Anguilla, Saba,
- Shopping in Marigot or Phillipsburg –not forgetting the Marigot market every Wednesday and Saturday
- Hiking, horseback riding, kayaking and off road biking, on land or at sea, off the beaten track. Over 40 kms of trails to discover the natural beauty and wild life of St Martin
- Visit Grand Case aptly named the Gourmet Capital of the Caribbean
For more information http://www.stmartinisland.org